Internship Openings for Spring + Summer 2015
We are a family-owned business based our of Nampa, ID, with our business named after our great grandparents, Ira & Lucy. We specialize in supplying vintage prop rentals, event design and styling in the wedding and event industry. We hope you will take time to view our website to learn more about us! Thank you for your consideration and time!
- Individual will work under the direct supervision and guidance of Lead Designer of the Ira & Lucy Design Team.
- Individual will learn to navigate event design & vintage rentals in the following technical and creative aspects:
- venue research & collaboration
- concept & design initiation
- design presentation (idea boards & social media/blogging)
- styling (styled shoots, events & displays)
- scheduling of meetings, styled shoots, consults, etc
- compose detailed BLOGs with final approval by Heidi
- Initiate press publishing with direction from Heidi on preferred platforms
- exclusive access to Ira & Lucy Inventory
- maintain implemented procedures to ensure cleanliness, professional presentation and effective organization of inventory
- honor strict privacy standards regarding inventory, client interaction, styled shoots, event and business events and activities
- contribute your own ideas for improving procedures and design concepts! We love to hear your ideas!
Internship to begin June 1, 2015 for a period of approximately 5 months ‘til October 2015, with potential for full time employment at the end of the internship or sooner. Our season goes through the end of October. We will review for employment for the duration of our wedding season and into 2016! Review may occur sooner on a case-by-case basis.
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE must:
- THRIVE on creative passion
- function on innovation! We strive to add a fresh approach to event design and not to merely copy what has already be done!
- work as a team! We can’t excel alone... we believe in the power of networking, collaboration and recognizing that it isn’t about “I”, but about a cohesive team effort toward “awesome’ness”
- never compromise on integrity. We value honest, hard work. Every action must be performed with outstanding character.
- experience with composition, interior design and/or graphic design
- strong verbal and written communication
- efficient with MAC computers and software
- graphic design skills, proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- proficient or willingness to to learn WordPress and effective blogging
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- punctual, organized and flexible
- sparkling personality
- provide avg 15-20 hours per week (more during wedding season)
Pay will be dependent on experience and there is strong potential for this part-time position to grow into a full-time position if the candidate ends up being a good fit for our team.
The right individual(s) will be hand selected through a four part process:
- Submit your cover letter & resume, including: 2 example “idea” boards, 2 references and your availability (days + hours), and salary requirements
- Write a 300 word essay on why you are an asset to Ira & Lucy. Email with above items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person interview
- Final Selection