We will be hiring Production Assistants for the 2018 Season starting this Spring! Please submit resume and cover letter between March 2018 - April 2018. Thank you!
Individual will work under the direct supervision and guidance of management of the Ira + Lucy Senior Team. Individual will learn to navigate event design, coordination and rentals in the following technical and creative aspects:
- attend scheduled planning team meetings
- load and unload truck and trailer per company standards
- set up and tear down of event decor (crews broken into teams, typically 6-8 hr shifts)
- follow direction of Senior Planner for implementing design plans
- assist Senior Planner in execution of coordination plans and logistics
- maintain implemented procedures to ensure cleanliness, professional presentation and effective organization of inventory
- honor strict privacy standards regarding inventory, client interaction, styled shoots, event and business events and activities
- able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- work with a team mentality
- able to work weekends and late hours
- can provide own transportation
- comfortable in high stress environments
- part time, on-call event basis scheduled in advance with at least 3 weeks notice
The "heat" of our season is typically May - October, with the Fall and Winter focused on corporate events and planning for the following season's weddings. Many of our team members juggle a part-time job with Ira + Lucy taking up weekend availability. All positions require open Saturday and Sunday availability. Please note, that most events are Saturdays, with peak season in June and July.
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE must
- THRIVE on creative passion
- function on innovation! We strive to add a fresh approach to event design and not to merely copy what has already be done!
- work as a team! We can't excel alone... we believe in the power of networking, collaboration and recognizing that it isn't about "I", but about a cohesive team effort toward "awesome'ness"
- never compromise on integrity. We value honest, hard work. Every action must be performed with outstanding character.
- experience with composition, interior design, event design and/or graphic design
- strong verbal and written communication
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- punctual, organized and flexible
- sparkling personality
- provide avg. 10 hours per week (more during wedding season)
- have weekends open
Pay will be dependent on experience.
- Submit your cover letter including why you would be an asset to Ira + Lucy and your resume in the below form.
- Provide two references and your availability (days + hours) and compensation requirements
- In person interviews
- Final Selection