Production Assistant and Design Intern
Individual will work under the direct supervision and guidance of Lead Designer of the Ira & Lucy Design Team. Individual will learn to navigate event design & vintage rentals in the following technical and creative aspects:
- venue research & collaboration
- concept & design initiation
- design presentation (idea boards & social media/blogging)
- styling (styled shoots, events & displays)
- scheduling of meetings, styled shoots, consults, etc
- compose detailed BLOGs with final approval by management
- initiate press publishing with direction from management on preferred platforms
- learn management of decor rental inventory
- maintain implemented procedures to ensure cleanliness, professional presentation and effective organization of inventory
- honor strict privacy standards regarding inventory, client interaction, styled shoots, event and business events and activities
- team member for day of wedding set up and take down
The "heat" of our season is typically May - October, with the Fall and Winter focused on corporate events and planning for the following season's weddings. Many of our team members juggle a part-time job with Ira + Lucy taking up weekend availability. All positions require open Saturday and Sunday availability. Please note, that most events are Saturdays from 9am 'til 1am - be prepared for long days!
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE must
- THRIVE on creative passion
- function on innovation! We strive to add a fresh approach to event design and not to merely copy what has already be done!
- work as a team! We can't excel alone... we believe in the power of networking, collaboration and recognizing that it isn't about "I", but about a cohesive team effort toward "awesome'ness"
- never compromise on integrity. We value honest, hard work. Every action must be performed with outstanding character.
- experience with composition, interior design and/or graphic design
- strong verbal and written communication
- efficient with MAC computers and software
- graphic design skills, proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- proficient or willingness to to learn WordPress and effective blogging
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- punctual, organized and flexible
- sparkling personality
- provide avg. 10 hours per week (more during wedding season)
- have weekends open
Pay will be dependent on experience.
- Submit your cover letter including why you would be an asset to Ira + Lucy and your resume in the below form.
- Create/design two example "idea" boards
- Provide two references and your availability (days + hours) and compensation requirements
- In person interviews
- Final Selection
Ira + Lucy continues to grow and we take on a select amount of weddings each season. As we quickly approach our capacity, it's time we bring on an additional Senior Coordinator. We are seeking an experienced Coordinator to add to our team!
- 3+ Years Experience in Wedding Coordination and Design or Equivalent Event Planning/Project Management
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Floor Plan Logistics Comprehension
- Schematic Development and Implementation
- Timeline Creation and Implementation
- Professional Demeanor with Personable Nature
- Meets Deadlines
- Understands Networking Value and Works to Build Relationships
- BA in Arts, Communication, Business or Accounting
- Proficient in Apple and Microsoft Platforms
- Flexible Hours
- Strong Portfolio