We will be hiring Production Assistants for the 2018 Season starting this Spring! Please submit resume and cover letter between March 2018 - April 2018. Thank you!
Production Assistant and Design Intern
Individual will work under the direct supervision and guidance of Lead Designer of the Ira & Lucy Design Team. Individual will learn to navigate event design & vintage rentals in the following technical and creative aspects:
- venue research & collaboration
- concept & design initiation
- design presentation (idea boards & social media/blogging)
- styling (styled shoots, events & displays)
- scheduling of meetings, styled shoots, consults, etc
- compose detailed BLOGs with final approval by management
- initiate press publishing with direction from management on preferred platforms
- learn management of decor rental inventory
- maintain implemented procedures to ensure cleanliness, professional presentation and effective organization of inventory
- honor strict privacy standards regarding inventory, client interaction, styled shoots, event and business events and activities
- team member for day of wedding set up and take down
The "heat" of our season is typically May - October, with the Fall and Winter focused on corporate events and planning for the following season's weddings. Many of our team members juggle a part-time job with Ira + Lucy taking up weekend availability. All positions require open Saturday and Sunday availability. Please note, that most events are Saturdays from 9am 'til 1am - be prepared for long days!
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE must
- THRIVE on creative passion
- function on innovation! We strive to add a fresh approach to event design and not to merely copy what has already be done!
- work as a team! We can't excel alone... we believe in the power of networking, collaboration and recognizing that it isn't about "I", but about a cohesive team effort toward "awesome'ness"
- never compromise on integrity. We value honest, hard work. Every action must be performed with outstanding character.
- experience with composition, interior design and/or graphic design
- strong verbal and written communication
- efficient with MAC computers and software
- graphic design skills, proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- proficient or willingness to to learn WordPress and effective blogging
- ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- punctual, organized and flexible
- sparkling personality
- provide avg. 10 hours per week (more during wedding season)
- have weekends open
Pay will be dependent on experience.
- Submit your cover letter including why you would be an asset to Ira + Lucy and your resume in the below form.
- Create/design two example "idea" boards
- Provide two references and your availability (days + hours) and compensation requirements
- In person interviews
- Final Selection